Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Downsized in Size and Price: the Yamaha YHT-593BL

Since I don't normally review specific models over at the cheap surround sound blog, I like to do that here, so today I'm taking a look at the Yamaha YHT-593BL surround speaker system. It's a little bit smaller then the YHT-693BL, but it's also a hundred bucks cheaper. It's probably a better value for what you're paying, so it's pretty in line with the things I like to review here. 

It's got great sound quality, and is pretty comparable to the 693BL, so don't worry about not getting as good of a sound. It's a very clear sounding system and sounds great for all sorts of sporting events and movies. It's got 525 watts of power, and the 4 surrounding speakers (not the center speaker or subwoofer) are wireless, so this is a nice looking system as well. The receiver is compatible with all sorts of hardware, including your iPod (comes with a Dock).

Here's what CyberTheater said about some of the other great features:

You’ll also get Bluetooth functionality, YPAO sound optimization (it’ll help with the setup of your speakers automatically), an RX-V467 receiver with HDMI ports and the capability to get your video and audio working with 3D function when supplemented by the right peripherals, the so-called “scene” buttons that change settings according to what media is being played (some scene features include Blu-ray or DVD watching, action game playing or iPod listening), Cinema DSP playback capability, and adaptive DRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment